overflow box help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joelduval1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok. No matter what I do I keep getting a air bubble in the tube that goes from the front chamber of my overflow box, to the back. I can't get this air bubble out no matter what I do. Can anyone lend some advice or a trick for this? Thank you!!!

I built out of PVC a siphon that has a small tube and valve on the top to trap air before it can break the siphon. It can catch a lot of bubbles that can be sucked out by opening the valve and pulling the air off the top.

I ran an airline up the J-tube until it was at the top of the bend and attached the other end to the venturi valve of a powerhead. It sucks the trapped air out of the J-tube. You don't have to modify anything if you do it this way and if you use an airline 90 degree elbow where it comes out of the bottom of the J-tube you can easily zip tie the airline to the tube to keep it in place long term. The elbow actually helps it stay in place by itself as well. I hope that all made sense. -_-

Yea that makes sense, I have a marineland powerhead, so ill just run it from there. Thanks for the advice!

joelduval1 said:
Yea that makes sense, I have a marineland powerhead, so ill just run it from there. Thanks for the advice!

You dont have enough flow coming from your return

^ Yep. You don't have a strong enough return pump so there's not enough water flowing thru the u-tube to push the air through without getting hung up at the high point.

Ok so I turned my return pump up a little bit and lowered my front over flow box. And the bubble was pushed down. Thank you for all your help everyone!! I really appropriate it!

Back
Top Bottom