overgrown leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishtender

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I tried a post about 6 weeks ago and got no response. Since then, my problem has literally grown. My leather is getting to big for my tank and I don't know how to frag it properly without harming it. It is placed half way down my reef and has attatched itself to a couple of rocks now. it has to fold up on the glass in order to spread out all the way (appr. 10"). I do not have the means to tear apart my reef and, in turn, desturbing all the inhabitants, in order to remove the integeral rocks that it has attatched itself to. Can it somehow be removed at the base without harm? It was my first coral and is still my favorite. But lately we have been refering to it as Godzilla. Help me please......

Howard

just take a blade and cut some off. make sure it is a really clean cut. then you can super glue it to a rock and let it grow on to the rock it self. run gac in the tank for a few weeks and make sure all tank levels are at the point they need to be at and wate. you really cant kill them. i was really worried that i cwould kill mine too but it is comeing back very well. now that i know how to do it i have been doing it a lot. hope this helps.

WarOaks15 is right. It is pretty easy to do. Get gel super glue as it stays in place easier. I see you are from Park Rapids. I vacation up there every year. Edgewood on Long Lake. Is that little pet store still open downtown. I always liked gong in there to see what they had. If I remember correctly, they have a great price on LR. Thanks! Lando

Awww are ya really going to do it?? What a better excuse for a bigger tank ;) I couldn't bring myself to do ours. :D

lol do tit but then you will be doing to all things. then you can make some money selling them to the lfs. or to other reefers.

Kudos xxfirefighter...Willing to take a chance for aquacultured (y)
Kudos for fishtender also...Best of luck...you should be fine w/ the given info.

Thank you all for the great advide and encouragemnet. I going to take the plunge and do the old slice and dice on the bugger. Keep your fingers "X"ed and all prayer are welcome.

Howard

Back
Top Bottom