Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-21-2004, 10:58 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
oversized leather

Hi All,
It has been a while since I have been on. My reef has been holding good and stable for over 6 months now. Just having to do minor water changes and top-offs. (some algea scraping).
My problem today is a good one. My leather coral (my first baby) that started out the size of a quarter is now over 8" across. The way that I have the rock in my 55g rect. tank is a cascade from the back corner angling down to the opposite front corner. The leather has positioned itself so that now when it is fully expanded, it lays on the front of the glass. It seems no worse for the wear in that position, but it has also attached its base to a couple of other rocks in doing so. These rocks are integral pieces holding up the rest of the reef and to move or remove them would be near imposible and to say the least devistating to my reef. Can this leather be cut from the base, fragged and reset elswhere??? If so....How??? I have only fragged one other coral, a colt, and that was because I had to, not 'cause I wanted to try it. (by the way, the operation was a success).

You can never have too many friends.
fishtender is offline   Reply With Quote

eat, leather

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com