Oxygen Levels in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just picked up a O2 test kit by salifert. To my suprise my O2 levels are not at 7 they are at 2. I ran the test twice. I have 3 powerheads and my return turning over the surface of the water. How is this possible? I dont have that much in my tank.

I'm not familiar with the Salifert DO test. It's unlikely that your O2 is at 2 ppm. Did you test once? Any chance that a step was missed or an error made? (I mess up the calcium test about half the time).

I'm not familiar with the Salifert DO test. It's unlikely that your O2 is at 2 ppm. Did you test once? Any chance that a step was missed or an error made? (I mess up the calcium test about half the time).

I ran the test twice. Its pretty basic and hard to mess up. 4 drops of 1 swirl 20sec. 4 drops of 2 swirl 15sec. 4 drops of 3 swirl for 5sec after each drop. the test says its ppm(=mg\L) have a choice of 2,4,6,8,12,15 each level is a pretty big color change.

:D Glad to hear it! Like I said... it happens to the best of us. lol

Incidently to aerate your tank point a PH up to create some surface aggitation, This is the best way to aerate a SW tank.

Back
Top Bottom