pajama cardinal holding eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My male pajama cardinal has a mouthfull (literally) of eggs. I noticed when he would try to eat he could not because so many eggs where in his mouth. I wondered if I should move him to a smaller tank in hopes of saving and raising the fry or is there a chance they can make it on thier own. I know these guys are called the "marine guppies."

i just had a mishap tonight with my bangaii cardinals and his batch, this is his 3rd batch he has held onto for the full term the first batch i cought 3 and found 3 in my sump dead 2 of wich are doing well and about 5 monthes old, the second batch he held richt untill the end i could see the babys in his mouth then poof all gone with no trace, i believe all got eaten by either the fire shrimp or some mystery fish i have,both of with seem to hang around towards the end,well this time i made the choice to catch him and move him to a 20g that i put a divider in where the othe 2 babys live i had do dig out about 40 pounds of rock and corals to catch him and had a hard time he has had the eggs for 1 month tommorow when i got him in the net he spit out about 15 not fully hatched babys wich i quickly moved him and them to the 20g and about half seem to have at least a chance the others i dont think were close enough but im hopein,
im shure there will be a next time and ill have to catch and move him sooner to try and avoid this,but i still think i made the right choice rather than give a meal to the tankmates :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back
Top Bottom