Pakistan butterfly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
Pakistan butterfly in a 29 gallon?

This might not sound good but can I keep a pakistan butterfly in a 29 gallon? They only get 6" long and I plan on having only him with a yellowtail damsel and an arrow crab. I have around 20 pounds of lr and good filtration. The one that I want is also eating. What do you think?

I have a 1/2 year old 29 gallon with about 20 pounds of lr, an arrow crab, and a yellowtail damsel. I really want this tiny pakistan butterfly at the fish store. They only get 6" long and it is eating really well. Do you guys think that I could get it? Also, does anyone have experience with them? Please share if you do. TIA

I would say no. Butterfly fish in general aren't the hardiest of fish and most are pretty hard to feed. A six inch fish would not be happy in a tank that small. Also, 20lbs of liverock isn't enough to sustain a butterfly fish.

I merged your two threads.

Konrade said:
I have a 1/2 year old 29 gallon with about 20 pounds of lr, an arrow crab, and a yellowtail damsel. I really want this tiny pakistan butterfly at the fish store. They only get 6" long and it is eating really well. Do you guys think that I could get it? Also, does anyone have experience with them? Please share if you do. TIA
No, it definitely would not be good. For sure, the arrow crab will be a treat for the 'fly.
I keep mine in a 90g tank. Even so, he rules the roost over the other 'flys as well as the naso tang.

Back
Top Bottom