Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Polyps are out, it should repopulate the lower stem. I have a similar frag that got burned accidentally by a piece of acropora and mine is healing back fine.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nice to hear the good news. Even better , i was fully refunded since fedex screwed up the shipping and the guy refunded me for sending a partial dead coral. I will post some more in a few weeks to see if any growth starts

Old 10-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Update: so nothing has changed i went out and purchased some alkalinity as well as a kh tester but all my levels checked out. So i was considering purchasing some Coral RX any one have good experience with this. ( i was going to buy it anyway for when i introduce more coral)
Old 10-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

No polyp extensions? I was a fan of stuff like "liquid gold" to promote coral growth, but I have come around over the years to agree with the majority, that if you can't test for it, don't add it. There are too many tanks out there full of SPS coral that don't use all the fancy additives. Flow, salinity, alkalinity, calcium, temperature, PH, proper lighting and zero organics grow coral. I don't think you can subtract any of those things and be successful long term.

I hit the calcium hard with B-Ionic AND Kalkwasser additions. I also use a reef salt high in calcium. For me, that has set the LPS and SPS corals into growth mode.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

i got the kh to test for the hardiness that is why purchased the alkalinity by seachem just in case i needed to add any. I would never add anything if i could not test for it. I asked about the Rx just incase this was a case of RTN even thought nothing has chanced would suggest it not that rapid lol. I finally found a LFS about an an hour and a half away from where i live but i travel to philly so im going to give it a look so i never have to purchased from the internet again unless it liveaquaria.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I have had mixed results with fish and coral on the Internet. It was either really good, or really, really bad. But I have lost things gotten from the LFS over the years. My karma has changed since I started rescuing corals from the LFS and locals when they almost kill them. I got my "reef thumb" going on after 30 years of being an idiot.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol well hopefully i can still rescue this frag. I found another reef farm located in Maryland and even though i am in jersey they offer a reasonable shipping rate to my location in Jersey. So i am willing to give the ordering coral over the internet one more shot.

Tags
coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com