Patience sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't tell you for sure that it will or will not work. I would be worried about a clam on the sand. Put it in the rock, higher up in the tank and I think it would be fine. My clam is on the sand, 21" below a 150w MH and it is happy as a clam (growing), I really do wish that I had gone for the 250w fixture though. This is my 3rd fixture! Next time I upgrade it will be to 400w.

My coraline did bleach but then came back. It still grows on everything, though coraline is a low light algae.

I'm thinking of turning my 30 gal QT into a frag tank and I wll probably go with a T5 fixture over that instead of a single 150w MH.

Ok so lets say the metal halide fixture does not cause a heat problem. will this fixture allow me to keep whatever I want even a clam on the sand. https://www82.safesecureweb.com/web...n=PROD&Product_Code=CU01041&Category_Code=COO 150W HQI 2x96W PC in a 46g 17" deep tank. 21" from the fixture. I think if this will give me more freedom than the 6bulb T5 for 299.99 than I can deal with the heat issue by keeping my house at a constant 75degrees with the central air.

That's a nice unit and I would say in your tank you should be able to keep anything. The HQI has about a 2' x 2' light footprint so lower light corals can go on the sides with the clam in the middle directly under the light.

Back
Top Bottom