I finally got my RO
unit mounted and running perfectly. There were a lot of factors in my delay, 90% of it was procrastination. I was waiting for a TDS
meter and 1 I bought from Ebay, yet it was never delivered. So I got another 1, this time I got the in-line version to switch from the water coming in and going out (way better than the pen IMO
I ended up mounting the unit in the garage instead of the laundry room because I didn't want to risk a leak/spill on the 2nd floor. Here she is mounted securely onto my wall.
(Feb 4, 2011)
Here's the incoming water at 460ppm; which eventually went 500+ as the time progressed.
The water was creeping out of the tube, and I blame it on the pressure (~25psi) because of the cold.
I let the water run until there was about 1-1.5 gallons of RO
water in the bucket; then discarded that water before filling up my 13 gallon container.