Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
Ok so i now have a challenge on my hands. I ordered 4x Carberryi Anthias that should be here today. Challenging fish and a lot to add to a new tank. I wanted to add them first because they are so notoriously difficult/timid during acclimation to a new tank and i figured the lack of any tank mates picking on them would help. Had to add all 4 at once so they got along and i didn't end up with more then one male.

In preparation for their arrival i have made my self mesh tops to keep them from jumping and still allow good air exchange. Tested my water this morning.

ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - >5
Ph - 8.2-8.3
Temp - 81-82

The tank is running a little hot which seems to be from all the power heads and pumps. I was surprised to find that the lights don't seem to effect the temp all that much. Might have to get a fan to put across the top in order to bring it down a bit eventually.

I also mixed up about 30-40 gallons of fresh saltwater so i can do water changes in case i see any spikes in the levels. Picked up a variety of food for them so i can vary the diet for each feeding. Wish me luck. I'll try and put up some pictures later tonight after they get here.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #82
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

You are going all out with the first fish. They like to eat a few times a day and need hearty foods too. Awesome choice though!! I can't wait to see them in the tank!!!!!!

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well this is aggravating... I told them when i ordered to email me if they were not able to place the order for all 4 fish at once. I checked all day yesterday at work to make sure i didn't see a email saying the order was delayed. Didn't see anything so i took today off work to sign for the fish and acclimate them.

Well it is 4:00 and i still have not seen fish so i called and they said the order was delayed.... it was in my spam folder which is really odd considering the order confirmation came through fine. So now i have taken a day off work and waited around in excitement for my fish all day for nothing. :censor:
Old 09-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Regular

The curse of the inconvenient spam folder strikes again! Sorry to hear that man.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well i am still fish-less and i doubt they will be able to fill the order. The keep the order open for 2 weeks. Unfortunatly, i don't want to put anything else in the tank right now on the off chance that they do fill the order and then i would be stocking the tank too quickly.

The tank is going through a nasty diatom bloom right now but i added a clean up crew and they are working their magic and loving the feast. Soon as the tank is cleaned up a bit and i get something interesting in there i will post some pictures.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well as it turns out they were able to fill the order. It will be here tomorrow if all goes well. Also have a bit more of a clean up crew on the way. Looks like i am going to have a long day of acclimating tomorrow after work. I'll try and get some pictures once every one is settled and happy.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquarium1
That's great. Pics Pics Pics! haha
Aquarium1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #88
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah i will try to get some as soon as they are in the tank. I won't be able to QT these guys. I only have a 10 gallon QT so i think it would be to stressful to put 4 of them all in that tank. This should be about the only time i have to not QT.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #89
AA Team Emeritus

Yesss. So sweet. Hope they make it in tact.
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #90
Aquarium Advice Addict

Liveaquaria is usually pretty good about the shipping. I'm more worried about keeping them in tact. They are a difficult fish. I have done everything i can to prepair but i'm still a little worried they won't do well since so many people have trouble with them. I've got a whole variety of food for them. After they settle in i am going to try and get them eating dry food as well and get an auto feeder so i can get in the regular feedings with out it being such a pain.

Tags
90 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com