pc bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wvanderborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently picked up a 48in coralife power compact light for my 55 fowlr I'm setting up. Got it for a steal. $16 can't beat it. If I ever make the jump to reef would this suffice any kind of inverts and if so what kind? It runs 2 65w 50/50 lights.

Not sure how many corals you could keep under that light, I usually see the four bulb PC fixtures. I would say you could try zooanthids and maybe some leather corals. :) Inverts like hermits and the such don't even need light so youre ok there.

I'm a noob carey but I'm not that big of a noob. Lol. I know hermits and snails and what not don't require any light.. and I kinda thought zoos and leathers would be the safest bet. And you just reenforced my ideas. Lol. I can't thank you enough for all your help and advice. Gimme a month and your going to be proud of my pics I upload. I got the 55 starting its cycle today and my 25 is due for its second rodi pwc.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing what you have going on.

I just threw that comment about the hermits in, sometimes the people that read these forums dont' know. :-D

Considering I knew about 10% about sw care b4 I joined this forum I think I'm at about 80% now. My 55 is gonna be awesome sauce. And my 25 has been taking off ever since I started using that ro/di unit u recommended. My zoos are spreading and my toadstool leather has NEVER looked soo good. As soon as I can get some time with a computer I'm gonna completely redo my albums. Its gonna be sahweetah

Alot of people dont take the water seriously, glad you did. :) Considering it's the very base of any aquarium it should be top notch and ro/di is the way to go. make sure you get a tds meter so you can see when the filter needs to be replaced. I got a meter on ebay for like $9. lol

Post some new shots when you get a chance, always love pictures!

I'm actually going to do my pwc on the 25 in like n hr or so. Just waitin a lil longer for the gas exchange. But when I'm done. Ill snap some shots on my phone and ill rearrange my albums. Half the stuff I'm using you suggested. minus my filters I use. Ill get one of those tdh meters but (noob ?) Wht does tdh stand for? Lol

tds = total dissolved solids :-D

I'd test your tap water then your outcoming "pure" water just to see the difference. My water has 243 tds coming out the tap and 0 out of the ro/di unit.

What Rodi unit do you use? I'm still hauling 5 gal jugs back and forth at the grocery. It's 1.95 for 5 gals and i don't test with tds meter. I would like to purchase a rodi unit soon. Just don't really know what to look for. (?)
Thanks

See I still don't know everything.. lol. I changed my albums around too so If u wanna help me identify this one leather I have thad be sweet.
Haha. Unless carey has changed hers I use the one she told me she uses. Her tanks don't lie. Lol
You can find them on www.purewaterclub.com very affordable compared to other units.

A good starter unit that in my opinion is excellent is this one

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I've been using it for a year, have changed the filters once and overall am very pleased with it. It is dirt cheap and portable so you can stow it away when not in use.

Just keepin mind that over the long term that unit above will work out to be more expensive than say this one

75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System - English

which is a lot more expensive. I am gonna buy the BRS one thats right above this week, I make alot of water and I think I'm familiar enough from using the smaller one to use the bigger one. LOL

Back
Top Bottom