Pearly Jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SJSobczyk

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone ever owned one? Have any experience with them?

I am looking at getting a pair for my 75 gallon and i want to know if anyone has experience with them!

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve.... I had 55g and I bought a pair and LOVED them... they were - and still are- some of my fav!!! They are awesome to watch and always doing cool stuff.

On another note... they are jumpers and I had to rescue mine a few times from my overflow box and the floor once too. Secure your tank well :)

Go for it... they are great!!!!

Kimberly

I had one years ago, and it was by far the most amusing inhabitant in the tank. I called it my saltwater prairie dog because it was always sticking its head out of its hole. It was quite a busy body, always doing something funny.

Thanks guys for the help!

I already have glass lids on the tank since it is FOWLR.

Any other specific recommendations? I know they like to build there burrow with a couple of different sized sands and pieces of rocks. How deep of a sand bed did you have?

Thanks again

Steve

I had a 3 inch in my 55g with LS and I threw hands full of CC around the base of the rock for them.... they scavenged all the time and brought it back to their little cave :) Way cool to watch :)

Kimberly

Back
Top Bottom