Pederson anemone shrimp hosting mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I’m interested in knowing if anyone else has had a similar experience with these shrimp hosting corals instead of anemones. I have a few rock flower anemone in my tank but my shrimp refuses to leave this mushroom. I think it’s kind of interesting because I’ve never seen anything host a mushroom before.?*♂️ IMG_9573.jpgIMG_9562.jpg

I have not had any experience with these shrimp, but the mushrooms in question are very close relation to the anemone they would naturally form such a relationship with. It found a home and won't hurt anything.

I’ve had sexy shrimp host rics and frog spawns and torches before. Links sniperhank said if the coral doesn’t mind then it’ll be just fine.

I’m interested in knowing if anyone else has had a similar experience with these shrimp hosting corals instead of anemones. I have a few rock flower anemone in my tank but my shrimp refuses to leave this mushroom. I think it’s kind of interesting because I’ve never seen anything host a mushroom before.?*♂️ View attachment 313474View attachment 313475
I used to collect these shrimp in the Florida Keys many years ago and they were always in Atlantic Carpet Anemones so with most mushrooms being similar to these anemones, it's not that surprising to me that they host in it. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom