People spending more on tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate seeing stuff like that on the news. It makes people think that you can just write a check and have a reef tank, without any understanding of the animals they are attempting to keep, i say attempting because they will probably fail, and their poor unknowing charges will probably die in the process due to their ignorance.

I don't think those 'people' are interested in being reef keepers. Seems that they wite a check and then write some more every month to let someone else maintain their take. Indeed the people in this clip are of a different breed. To us, its a challange, its about give and take, for them its like purchasing a high end sports car...just insurance and maintainence.

I really don't see anything wrong. These people don't claim to be reef keepers, just owners. Its no different then the reefs that you see in hotels. At least they are smart enough to realize that they can not care for it and fork up the dough to have a professional take care of it.

I know that everyone here is concerned about the wellbeing of their pets, but come on, if you had the cash, wouldn't you want a mega tank 1300gal tank. You gotta love the clip with the guy snorkeling to clean the tank.

John

I really don't see anything wrong. These people don't claim to be reef keepers, just owners. Its no different then the reefs that you see in hotels. At least they are smart enough to realize that they can not care for it and fork up the dough to have a professional take care of it.

I agree with that. These people don't seem to be treating their charges badly. They just pay to have someone else treat them well it seems.

I want a tank that I need a snorkel to clean =(.

That, I REALLY agree with!!!

Back
Top Bottom