Pep shrimp molt or dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Short and sweet.....
This look like a molt or dead shrimp? Found this in the morning before work.

Could be dead because I have had the same 2 peppermints for over 2 yrs.

opinions?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424126326.287936.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424126356.180780.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You tell us.

You're the one that can see it.

Is there a shrimp inside it or not?

@ccxgt

Not sure actually. Believe it or not, I have yet to see a molt. You would think I would in the last 8 yrs!

It looks clear to me....but I'm not sure if shrimp go clear like that when they die. Don't know why they would.

I should have grabbed it but I was running out the door to work.

If it's a molt, in very impressed that it can molt an antenna and those skinny legs!!!

My pep shrimp molt exactly like that. I bought them small so they have done it 2 or 3 times in 7 months

90 gal reef

If it's a molt, in very impressed that it can molt an antenna and those skinny legs!!!
I believe it is. You should see emerald crabs molt. It looks so complete that you have to turn it upside down and look inside to see nothing inside. Pretty awesome.

Thanks to all who answered. I appreciate it!

U seen him since? I dont have any peppermints arent they nocturnal? I know i have huge cleaner shrimp molts and worry! The other day my brain coral was eatin a crab molt which is quite cool!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424289531.873572.jpg

Back
Top Bottom