pepermint shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

behaguef

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:confused: I bought three pepermint shrimps today. I do have a lot of aptasia and was trying a "natural way" to get rid off them... well my three shrimps died in less than 2 hours!! any thoughts? I have a cleaner shrimp and it's doing very well... parameters are good.

I think they need to be drip acclimated. Inverts are more fragile than fish. (If I'm wrong someone correct me)

that's what I thought after the fact... I did not drip my cleaner shrimp when I bought it and he's doing fine...Is the copper band fish another alternative to fight aptasia??

I agree with HN1. As for the copperbanded, your tank isn't large enough for one, plus they are a lot more difficult to keep IME than cleaner shrimp or peppermint shrimp.

thanks... I am hesitant to try the copper band fish....any other experience with this type of fish??

I tried a copperband and he ate like a king until the aiptasia was gone and the poor thing starved. They are very hard to get to eat prepared food. I definitely drip my inverts for around 2 hours.
This is a very satisfying way to get rid of them (aiptasia):
NanoReefing.Com - Your ultimate guide to saltwater aquariums

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom