Peppermint Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peppermint shrimp are a nice addition to a reef tank. Like any shrimp, they require careful acclimation but once adjusted they are pretty hardy. Be careful, I have see some shops sell camel shrimp as peppermints. They look similar but the camel shrimp has been known to be a coral muncher. Camel shrimp have a hump on their back and larger, more forward eyes then a peppermint. Otherwise they are the same color and have a lot of the same markings.

peppermint shrimp in my 40 gallon, got 3 of em. They chill around and dont touch much, i believe most shrimps are reef safe! The skunk cleaner shrimp are much cooler looking tho!

You should get a few!

My pepermint hangs out partialy hidden all day. At night the show begins. I initially got him to take care of aptasia and he has been great since. No problems with my shrooms from him.

Thanks all. Funny, I'll bet that they are selling the camel shrimp at the stores... appreciate the info. I'll add one soon -- funny how they are really neat but really ugly to me. I'll get used to them.

Back
Top Bottom