Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-11-2004, 12:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Peppermint Shrimp and Electric Blue Hermit DISAPPEARED!!!

So, one of my peppermint shrimps, and my electric blue hermit are both MIA. I know that peps are very shy and like to hide most of the time. But, I had two peppermints and I could always find them on the rock and they seemed to be quite the social duo. However, I have only seen the one for about a week now. What could have happened to the other?? Also, my electric blue hermit has not been spotted for nearly the same amount of time. Today I found some blue striped legs - the hermit's. And the hermit crab molts look so darn similar to their actual bodies that it's hard to tell if he has molted or was attacked. The only other inhabitants in the tank right now are a skunk cleaner shrimp, one pep, several snails, 3 red-legged hermits. Could someone have attacked/eaten either of these guys? I have several empty hermit shells in the tank so I don't think one of the other hermits was trying to pull the electric blue out of it's shell....

In its great blue whales, hunted even to
between houses, an entire people was
dreaming of a less silent light.
BlueDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have had the same problem with my peppermints. I can not find one, and have ot seen it for weeks. I have no idea what happened to it. I am thinking it just up and died and my clean up crew went town. Of course there is the more obvious answer in your situation...They ran off together and are now sipping margaritas in Mexico. Maybe your aquarium was just not ready for such a relationship. Let us know if they show up.

Old 06-11-2004, 03:38 PM   #3

You could have a mantis shrimp or they just died.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't think I have a mantis. I am supposing that the Pep just up and died... but why my electric blue hermit? I am still keeping my hope alive that he is hiding inside a rock, but I'm sure the peppermint just happened to die...

In its great blue whales, hunted even to
between houses, an entire people was
dreaming of a less silent light.
BlueDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had a missing peppermint shrimp and he had gotten sucked up in a PH...
Old 06-12-2004, 06:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have to get up an hour early and check the tank with a flashlight to see my peppermints. hth
Old 06-12-2004, 07:52 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mine are always hanging out close to my anemone, when I target feed it they go nuts and try and get some if it's food. 8O

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disappeared, electric, electric blue, hermit, pepper, peppermint, peppermint shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com