Peppermint Shrimp and Electric Blue Hermit DISAPPEARED!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, one of my peppermint shrimps, and my electric blue hermit are both MIA. I know that peps are very shy and like to hide most of the time. But, I had two peppermints and I could always find them on the rock and they seemed to be quite the social duo. However, I have only seen the one for about a week now. What could have happened to the other?? Also, my electric blue hermit has not been spotted for nearly the same amount of time. Today I found some blue striped legs - the hermit's. And the hermit crab molts look so darn similar to their actual bodies that it's hard to tell if he has molted or was attacked. The only other inhabitants in the tank right now are a skunk cleaner shrimp, one pep, several snails, 3 red-legged hermits. Could someone have attacked/eaten either of these guys? I have several empty hermit shells in the tank so I don't think one of the other hermits was trying to pull the electric blue out of it's shell.... :?

I have had the same problem with my peppermints. I can not find one, and have ot seen it for weeks. I have no idea what happened to it. I am thinking it just up and died and my clean up crew went town. Of course there is the more obvious answer in your situation...They ran off together and are now sipping margaritas in Mexico. Maybe your aquarium was just not ready for such a relationship. Let us know if they show up.

I don't think I have a mantis. I am supposing that the Pep just up and died... but why my electric blue hermit? I am still keeping my hope alive that he is hiding inside a rock, but I'm sure the peppermint just happened to die... :cry:

Mine are always hanging out close to my anemone, when I target feed it they go nuts and try and get some if it's food. 8O

Back
Top Bottom