Peppermint shrimp eating aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've seen YouTube videos of peppermint shrimp eating aiptasia. It looks like owner feeds aiptasia wet flake food and the srimp are basically trained to rip the aiptasia apart to get to the food and eat the aiptasia in the process. Has anyone here had any experience with this? Thanks

Yes, I put two peppermint shrimps in my 60 gallon that had Aiptasia. Some of it was hard to reach without breaking down the rock work. The shrimps took care of it though and I haven't had any issues since then.

I don't know anything about training peppermints to eat aiptasia by feeding them flakes made of glass anemone...but what I do know is that generally it is hit or miss if peppermints will consume them. I know every so often I stumble upon some being specifically labeled as ones that consume them for a higher price...but I have no evidence of this being any more or less effective.

Thank you. I have tons of it. I'll probably get 2 shrimps and have them make a feast out of it.

That's worth a try. I'd rather use mysis than flakes. I don't like the residue from flake food but then again, that would be uneaten flak food.

Same here. I've had good luck with them. They eat the ones you can't get to.

Back
Top Bottom