Peppermint shrimp eating my xenia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
T looks like my peppermints are picking at my pulsing Xenia. I thought they were reef safe?

image-3567683023.jpg

Antec said:
T looks like my peppermints are picking at my pulsing Xenia. I thought they were reef safe?

Highly unlikely. Most likely they are picking between and around the stalks cleaning. Unless you actually see missing xenia or one pick off a stalk and start gorging itself then i wouldnt worry.

They're simply picking up food that the Xenia has caught. I see the same thing in my tank. :)

Well, they haven't touched it for a while now so maybe that's the case. And I just got the Xenia today at around 7 so maybe it had some stuf in it from the lfs. But it did look like there were some pieces flying around that looked like rey were the color of the Xenia. Can u guys tell from the pic that it is in fact a peppermint and not a camel. I'm 99.9% sure but just wanted to check cuz I've heard that those aren't reef safe

Antec said:
Well, they haven't touched it for a while now so maybe that's the case. And I just got the Xenia today at around 7 so maybe it had some stuf in it from the lfs. But it did look like there were some pieces flying around that looked like rey were the color of the Xenia. Can u guys tell from the pic that it is in fact a peppermint and not a camel. I'm 99.9% sure but just wanted to check cuz I've heard that those aren't reef safe

Yes its a peppermint

Lol thats what i hate about shrimp, they never go out and look for food instead they steal it from corals or anemones. I had a rbta and my cleaner always tried to steal food but always jumped back.. I guess he got shocked but that never stopped him. Notorious thiefs.

Back
Top Bottom