Peppermint shrimp in fuge OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got a 5g HOB fuge for my 75g main. Never seen a bit of aptasia in my main for the 11 months I've been set up and adding bits of coral. I keep 6 - 10 peps in it.

Saw a piece of aptasia mixed up in my just purchased (yesterday) caulerpra (?) that I put in my fuge. Thinking of a couple of small peps to live in the fuge. Got just the caulerpra and bits of live rock in the fuge.

Any thoughts on peps living in it?

P.S. - I know the 5g fuge won't do much to pull phosphates or nitrates fro a 75g. Don't have problems there anyway. I just want a place for more life and pods to feed my fish.

If you have a bit of rock for him to hide in, I don't see a problem with it.

I think I might put 2 small ones in there. I guess I'll have to supplement them w/a small amount of fish food until natural foods begin to grow since the fuge is brand new.

austinsdad said:
I just want a place for more life and pods to feed my fish.

IMO, you would be defeating the reason for having a fudge if you add the shrimps, they will go after pods. Maybe you can remove the shrimps after the aiptasia is gone or just do manual removal of the aiptaia with a chemical injection.

Good thinking! Didn't think about that part where they eat my pods. :roll:

I'm not big on chemical injections, but I will remove'm after they hopefully gobble the aptasia up. It's very much so mixed up in the green. I'd hate to irritate it and make it spread.

Back
Top Bottom