Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via MSN to mardeebo
Peppermint shrimp okay with bubble tip anemone??

I'm trying to find my answer on the net but am getting conflicting advice.

Anybody here have problems putting a peppermint shrimp (or two) in with bubble tips? My lfs said no way can they be together.

I'm trying to combat the big aiptasia problem I have (along with kalkwasser injections).

If I get corals down the road (oh boy that would mean my tank is back under control - LOL), would the pepermint shrimp have to go?

Thanks again.

My tank:
72g bowfront
2 Bak-Pak II (replacing w/turboflotor this week
2 AquaClear 300s (replacing w/sump asap!)
50 lbs Live Rock (adding 40lbs after done curing)
1 PC light 4x65w
1 powerhead (not sure size) - will add 3 more

Current fish:
1 yellow tang
1 O clown
1 scooter blenny
2 tiny blue damsels
1 sea cucumber (large)
1 green brittle star (large)
2 bubble tip anemones
1 zebra hermit
10 or so turbo snails/margarita snails
10 or so red legged hermits
AIPTASIA to choke a horse. UGG.
mardeebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Some people have no problems with peps others say that they eat there corals. its like anything else in the hobby, 50/50. Also it is not 100% that the peps will eat the aptasia. I know guys who bought peps just for that and they never thouched them. I would just nuke the aptasia instead of counting on peps.

9/02-125 REEF, 125 lbs LR,LS 4x160 VHO, Reef Devil /Sump, Fuge
7/03-55 FOWLR 60lb LR, 50 lb SD sand 2x40 NO strip light, Reef Devil/sump, Fuge

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:51 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to mjvincent
I don't have any problems with my pepperment and it did eat all of my aiptasia. Go ahead and get the shrimp...
Mike Jones
32 gallon hex, 34 lbs lr, Prizm protein skimmer, fluval 104, 1 maxi jet 750, 1 maxi jet 1200 ph, current 40w 50/50 pc, 1 NO powerglo 19watt, 1 daylight NO 65w (equiv), two damsels, 1 green brittlestar, 1 peppermint shrimp, turbo snails, red legged hermit crabs, kenyan tree coral, leather coral, pumping xenia, mushroom coral, green star polyps, orange button polyps
mjvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
they should be fine with bta, i got 4 in my tank and didn't touch my BTA however
it will grab the food from BTA, so if u want to target feed,make sure u stick the food all the way into the BTA
We Provide LED Solution For Your Aquarium..
Click the Signature for more information.
oyf709 is offline   Reply With Quote

anemone, bubble, bubble tip, bubble tip anemone, pepper, peppermint, peppermint shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com