Peppermint shrimp okay with bubble tip anemone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mardeebo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm trying to find my answer on the net but am getting conflicting advice.

Anybody here have problems putting a peppermint shrimp (or two) in with bubble tips? My lfs said no way can they be together.

I'm trying to combat the big aiptasia problem I have (along with kalkwasser injections).

If I get corals down the road (oh boy that would mean my tank is back under control - LOL), would the pepermint shrimp have to go?

Thanks again.
Deb

Some people have no problems with peps others say that they eat there corals. its like anything else in the hobby, 50/50. Also it is not 100% that the peps will eat the aptasia. I know guys who bought peps just for that and they never thouched them. I would just nuke the aptasia instead of counting on peps.

I don't have any problems with my pepperment and it did eat all of my aiptasia. Go ahead and get the shrimp...

they should be fine with bta, i got 4 in my tank and didn't touch my BTA however
it will grab the food from BTA, so if u want to target feed,make sure u stick the food all the way into the BTA

Back
Top Bottom