Peppermint shrimp tried to eat starfish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sgc0286

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a sand sifting starfish and the minute a put it in the tank my peppermint shrimp came and picked him from the sand. I scared him away from the starfish and it is fine.

Is this a normal action for a peppermint shrimp??

Maybe he was checking out the new addition. Unfortunately, sand sifting stars need a rather large and very mature tank. They tend to exhaust their food supply rather quickly and end up starving.

wat size tank do you have and how long has it been running, i dont even think my tank is big enough or mature enough for my sand sifter and its a 55 gal thats been running over a year now soon as my 125 is more mature he is going over there.....

I've got two or three peps in my tank and I couldn't see them taking on anything as big as as sand-sifting starfish. Some of the little asterinas on the glass....maybe, but they can't be bothered.

My tank is 65 gal. has only been running for 2 months. Perhaps I have thrown the starfish in there prematurely. I will make sure that some supplemental food hits the sand for him to eat. How big do you think it will get in the tank I have?

Back
Top Bottom