Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-04-2009, 06:43 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Most likely you will have problems. Tomato clown tend to be territorial. I had one before and added a percula clown and the tomato would always chase him around. I have a 50g.

Cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:12 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist
well, we will see how this goes down. its gonna be a while before i can afford another one, or may just go with a mated pair. ill see how things work out, and ill update yall on this.

23 gal SW.,15 lbs LR,25 lbs Caribsea Aragonite,Tomato Clown,1 Peppermint shrimp,2 mushrooms.
C4t4StRoPhIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Originally Posted by C4t4StRoPhIc View Post
Lol, thanks melosu.

and btw, since you seem to be rather familiar with clowns, do you think i could get another tomato to put in here with this little dude? cuz ive heard it said that clowns of the same sub species will get along, its when you mix and match. is that true? if not, what would make a good companion to mr tomato?
I couldn't find a mated pair in my area so I bought two juveniles at the same time and haven't had any problems, they pal around play all day.
120 Mixed Reef
InfernoST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular
If its any help, I have 2 pepermint sh. and they are so awesome because I also have a saifin tang that actually backs up into the peppermint sh. cave and then the shrimp actually cleans the tang withs its legs. Its the coolest think to watch. The tang loves it he is always looking for the shrimp to get a rub down.
Who would of thought. So they get along great.

bobothefish is offline   Reply With Quote

pepper, peppermint, peppermint shrimp, rim, shrimp, shrimps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com