Peppermint Shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C4t4StRoPhIc

Aquarium Advice Activist
i got a couple today. my question is, should my tomato clown get along with these little buggers?

k, cool. i was just asking because as soon as i put them in there the clown took a swipe at one. just was wondering if it was normal for that.

That`s normal for clowns. The shrimp will be OK. Your clown is just showing them who`s in charge.

Lol, thanks melosu.

and btw, since you seem to be rather familiar with clowns, do you think i could get another tomato to put in here with this little dude? cuz ive heard it said that clowns of the same sub species will get along, its when you mix and match. is that true? if not, what would make a good companion to mr tomato?

I have pep shrimp and a clown and they also get along great.

I get a feeling the answer to adding another clown is going to be.... not a good idea. I'm in the same boat. was going to add a chromis with him --- but now am inquiring into a mandarin (they are soooo pretty!)

alright, so, from what ive read, its not a good idea to have two clowns unless they are a mated pair. is that right? if so, then what, pray tell, would make a good and peacefull addition to this tank? open to any and all suggestions.

Yeah - I need the answer to that question too LOL... I was gong to go with Mandarin until everyone told me i'm crazy because my tank could never feed it (cods). Now I was leaning towards Chromis... until I read this hehehe...

Oh, my emerald and mexican crabs always seem to eat my peppermint shrimps.....

well, i was recently involved in a rather heated debate on that. you can train a madarin to to eat brine shrimp. so, look into that. just when you go in make them feed the tank and see if he will accept brine shrimp, and you can sustain him off of brine shrimp. he will still hunt copepods, but wont starve because of a lack of them...yah.

well, i was recently involved in a rather heated debate on that. you can train a madarin to to eat brine shrimp. so, look into that. just when you go in make them feed the tank and see if he will accept brine shrimp, and you can sustain him off of brine shrimp. he will still hunt copepods, but wont starve because of a lack of them...yah.

Mysis shrimp. Brine is mostly water. You can get any 2 same clown in the same species. Just add them at the same time.

It is best two get two clowns of the same species that are different in size. One much smaller then the other. the large one will be the female and the smaller one will be the male. If they are the same size they will fight for dominants and one may be killed in the process. Remember that clowns are Damsels and can get pretty nasty.

well, somehow last night one of my peppermint shrimps died. i have no idea how or why this happened.

"Yellow Zoanthid Polyps", got any pictures. that yellow zoa must look great.

I`d be kind of afraid of putting 2 clowns in a 23 unless they were mated pair. If you do make sure there is a size difference.

img_1025485_0_4ad2bc2a2be61c4a2fd2d4eac74f0770.jpg

wasnt even really sure if they even WERE zoanthids. but they are no longer gracing my tank with their awesomeness anymore.

what i was planning on doing was to get a smaller one or a larger one, then the day of, i was gonna re arrange alot of the rocks and turn the lights out for a day or so, and just cross my fingers and hope.

Hopefully that will do it. You can always ask the LFS if he can get a mated pair.

then i face the trouble of finding something to do with the guy i already got.

Back
Top Bottom