Perching fish ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nijoe1221

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, currently looking to add one more fish to the tank but I want this to be one that normally just perches on a rock and chills in plain sight. Not like a tiny goby that till be hiding all the time.
I currently have an
O.clown pair
melanarus wrasse,
green chromis,
purple firefish,
Peppermint shrimp,
Cleaner shrimp,
(Added that for compatibility sake)

I was thinking about the tailspot blenny, midas blenny, starry blenny or maybe the long nose hawkfish.

Please add your input.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A hawkfish! Any will do! Or how about a midas blenny?
Mine is kinda swimmy but the first one I had satyed in his hole with his head peeking out most times,

A hawkfish! Any will do! Or how about a midas blenny?
Mine is kinda swimmy but the first one I had satyed in his hole with his head peeking out most times,

I love the midas blenny! I want one so bad but I'm just scared it's not gonna get along with my firefish. I've read that they can't get along but I've also read that they can get along.

I have a Midas Blenny and a Purple Firefish. Absolutely no issues between the two of them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a Midas Blenny and a Purple Firefish. Absolutely no issues between the two of them.

Did you add the firefish first?

Yes. Although, it was awhile ago so I can't remember the time between addition. I have noticed my Firefish occupies the lower part of the tank while the Midas Blenny occupies the upper part.

I think they can go after smaller shrimp. I just added one to my 240 yesterday, but nothing for him to go after. I do plan to add a Cleaner shrimp at some point.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410651759.627781.jpg
Long nose hawkfish. He is in with a cleaner shrimp with no issues. I never got him to eat pellets but he's a fan of mysis.

I'm not really afraid of it being with my cleaner. I have a peppermint but it's not really a small one. My girlfriend decided to treat herself and add her own fish to my tank Lol. So adding another will have to wait for a little. It's a toss up between the midas and the long nose. They both are great. Probably depends on which ever the lfs has first lol

Back
Top Bottom