Percula being rough on the anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
My percula has just started hosting in my BTA today (I think). It keeps biting the tentacles making that area deflate. Then she constantly rams her head into the mouth of the anemone? Will she stop? Do I need to separate them?

Sounds like it's hosting it. Keep an eye on it, I'm not 100% sure if a clown can stress out the nem, or not. My tomato was very rough with a long tentacle of mine for a while, with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like it's hosting it. Keep an eye on it, I'm not 100% sure if a clown can stress out the nem, or not. My tomato was very rough with a long tentacle of mine for a while, with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

She kept vigorously shaking in the anemone which really stressed it out I think. The anemone is now on the move... to under a rock. I hope it's in a decent location tomorrow morning.

Yes, in captivity clownfish can harass anemone's until death, usually causing enough physical damage that the anemone either hides in darkness, starves due to excess shriveling, and/or bacterial infections.

I don't have clowns in my tank since I want my small anemones to thrive and grow better.

My other clownfish decided to attempt to start hosting. He also pissed off the anemone and now it's deflated. Does my anemone just not want to host?

My other clownfish decided to attempt to start hosting. He also pissed off the anemone and now it's deflated. Does my anemone just not want to host?

It's not that. It's more that the clown just loves the nem too much. It stresses it out.

Back
Top Bottom