Percula Clown and Long Tentacle Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't that stress the anemone, when you remove them from the tank with the clownfish wouldn't they get stressed? By-the -way, I have T8 bulbs. They are Ocean Sun, 10000k High Intensity Lamps. Are they enough for my anemone?
T8 bulbs are normal output. That is not even close to enough light for an anemone no matter how many of the bulbs you have.

also a trick i used to get my clown to host my anemone was, i youtubed a video of the same kind of clown hosting the anemone using my brothers psvita and looked for the longest video. then i held that to the glass where the clown could see. i just replayed it a few times then left and with in a half hour he was hosting!!

RedLeggedHermit said:
also a trick i used to get my clown to host my anemone was, i youtubed a video of the same kind of clown hosting the anemone using my brothers psvita and looked for the longest video. then i held that to the glass where the clown could see. i just replayed it a few times then left and with in a half hour he was hosting!!

You expect me to believe that? Lol

I shouldn't worry about the clown hosting because it will probably die,not good lighting.Also how old is your tank.Water needs to be pristine for nems

yep its hard to believe. lol :) but it happened. it wasn't even a serious attempt when i tried it. i got the idea from my lfs saying to tape up a pic of one hosting an anemone. and i was bored so i figured a video might work even better. so i gave it a try.

yep. here is a pic of them after word. (the anemone is actually a bit bigger then this pic looks. he kinda hid a little at first.) :)

new new medusa and carny.jpg

for the anemone to stop hidding? or the clown to host? about a week to stop hidding and come out from under those rocks. but the clown had been hosting a different anemone before i got it. so that might have helped speed it along. but it took about half an hour after i played the video, and i played it several times.

Back
Top Bottom