Percula Clown behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganizzi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently purchased a percula clown for my 45gal fowlr. He is currently in a 10gal quarantine tank (3 days). Since I have had him home I have seen him eat. The tank is in my son's bedroom, so I only have the opportunity to watch him a few minutes each day. It seems that the majority of the time so far he sits in the rear corner of the tank on the glass bottom. Is this normal? Should I expect a clown to do some amount of lounging on the bottom or are they always very active swimmers? His color looks good and the water quality is also good.

Do I need to be concerned?

Thanks

Greetings.

The clown may be expiriencing some stress in it's new temporary home, do you have any hiding places in the tank? what procedure did you used to acclimate the clown?

Some of them can be very active, that is, if there is good water flow in the tank.

What type of food are you giving the clown?

When you say water quality is good. Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate=0?

Add some hiding places if there aren't any.

Some more info,

For acclimation I did the float bag thing and then slowly poured tank water into the bag over a 30 min. period.

I have PVC in the tank for hiding, he hasn't used them.

There is very little water flow, since I'm using a airpump/sponge combo, with some LR in the tank.

Yes, A/N/N are all = 0.

Thanks

OK. Keep watching him, and see if there is any heavy breathing, spots, etc. It only has been there 3 days so it may take a while for it to get comfy. :) Sometimes it takes a week or more depending on the fish.

I will thanks, this is my first quarantine so I'm a little clueless and worried that my quarantine process will kill him even though he might have been healthy to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom