Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Percula clownfish and lighting questions

i am getting either 1 or 2 true percs tomorow. I need to know if i should get one or two of them. If it will be compatible with my small gold banded maroon clown. And i would appreciate any comments or stries u have about these percs.

My second question is , i have 3.4 watts per gallon, what does that mean for future corals i will buy. can i get lps, sps, zoos????

thanks guys

philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Well first off do not put those clowns together. You really shouldnt mix clowns together ecspecially with a maroon. Unless your tank is big enough. I have a fire and a perc in my 55 and they go at it every now and again. As for your lighting, what kind is it? I personally think 3.4 watts is too low. I have a MH fixture with 492 watts in my 55. That is 8.9 watts per gallon.

125g~Zoanthid dominated~SPS~LPS~T. crocea~S. haddoni~2xSaddleback Clowns~Hippo, Kole, Achilles Tang~Leopard Wrasse~Flame Angel~Purple Firefish~Gobies~Chromis~3xCleaner Shrimp~2xHarlequin Shrimp~Pistol Shrimp
AquaReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Agreed with Aquareefer. I would not get the perculas. It is not a good idea to mix species of clowns.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to hackteck
in my first sw i had a maroon and tomato clown and they practicly tryed to kill each other
hackteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
I wanted to have 2 percs and a maroon too and everyone that I talked to said no the maroon does not do well with other clowns. you can have a male and female maroon as long as they are introduced at the same time. but no other clowns with her.
swjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish, light, lighting, percula

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com