Percula kick'n tomato butt!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok all I got a new tomato clown today. The problem is that as soon as I acclimated the t. Clown into the tank my percula just lik attacked it and wouldnt stop. Constatly chasing after it and nipping at it. The Tomato shows no sign of aggression except defending itself. I had to do something after about 15 min of this insanity. I filled a plastic bag like the lfs has the big bag full of tank water, and put the percula in their, and he's floating around in the tank. What should I do?

well clowns do not like other clowns in the tank. you will most likly have to remove one to the lfs or to a new tank.

Maybe the break will help. Or remove the Perc to another tank and rearrange the rock work. I havn't done this, but heard it can work.

Perculas and ocellaris, if they are juveniles, can sometimes live together in the same tank. This doesn't apply to other clowns. The LFS should have known this and should not have sold you a second clown...especially a tomato to go in with a perc. Taking one back is probably going to be your only alternative.

Update:::: I took the percula back, and got different one. Acclimated it to the tank, and now the percula, and clown get along great. No problems except the tomato will not share it's anemone.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom