percula not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

argileh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a tank raised percula (smalll/medium) yesterday. I put him in my newly cycled 29g tank. The tank has only one small damsel. Today I fed the tank but the clown fish is not eating. He just takes the pellets or flakes in his mouth an then spits them out. He is not being harassed and does not show any sign of stress. He is swimming normally all over but just does not eat.

Any ideas?

Just so you know when I first got my 2 O Clowns the smallest pellets were to big for them. They would also spit them out.

I like the garlic idea and also may want to break up the food a bit depending on how small they are.

Doesn't sound to good but give it a few days to acclimate. My O Clowns ate the very next day in the QT and will regularely eat flake from between my finger tips. They get all excited the minute I walk up to the take. The little buggers have got personality.

I agree, soak in garlic, this helps boost their immune systems and will cause a feeding frenzy. How did you acclimate?

I feed my fish a bunch of stuff...brine, fresh fish and shrimp, and or fourse flake and an assortment of frozen...they like variety!

I would go with some garlic or brine to see if you can stimulate some feeding

roka64,

I acclimated him using the drip method for about 2 hours. So far he is not showing any signs of stress. He looks normal but just not eating.

When I got mine, he wouldn't eat pellets at all. But when I put frozen brine in their, he would just tear it up and go crazy....

you might Just try a different type of food to start out with like the frozen brine. Then ween him off of it if you don't like to feed it.

argileh said:
I acclimated him using the drip method for about 2 hours. So far he is not showing any signs of stress. He looks normal but just not eating.
Awesome! Try the garlic truck, he may still be getting used to his hew home.

Ditto what everyone said about the garlic. Works everytime. I would wait a day or two to see if he eats.

Back
Top Bottom