Peroxide Dip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I rescued a Blasto a few weeks ago and I noticed it has 2 holes in it and this brown algae coming out of it. I pull it off all the time but it keeps coming back. I read about peroxide dipping to rid the coral of this algae. Anyone ever did a peroxide dip and how is it done. this is the only coral like this and it's not my parameters or nutrients. It's ONLY on this coral I rescued. Thanks!

2zteha8.jpg

s2qohc.jpg

I have used peroxide with great results. Mix some water 1 peroxide to 10 water. Submerge only the frag. I have used an electric toothbrush dipped in the stuff with success too. Just make sure no coral tissue touches the peroxide mix.

I have used peroxide with great results. Mix some water 1 peroxide to 10 water. Submerge only the frag. I have used an electric toothbrush dipped in the stuff with success too. Just make sure no coral tissue touches the peroxide mix.

" Just make sure no coral tissue touches the peroxide mix" But the hair algae is coming out of the coral tissue...Or did I misunderstand you

I've dipped zoas Duncan's and paly's in peroxide

I put the colony in a dish with 10 or 20 percent h2o2 and the rest tank water leave it in for a minute and then I swish it around in another dish with just hank water

I doubt the peroxide will hurt the coral but it kills the bugs worms and algae

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've dipped zoas Duncan's and paly's in peroxide

I put the colony in a dish with 10 or 20 percent h2o2 and the rest tank water leave it in for a minute and then I swish it around in another dish with just hank water

I doubt the peroxide will hurt the coral but it kills the bugs worms and algae

ok going to dip this colony now.

How did it go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well didn't pay for the coral and it was already in bad shape so I took a chance and spot treated the algae problems. Algae was in the mouth and a hole in the coral. Took some 3% peroxide full strength and dropped it on the spots for maybe 3 minutes. rinsed and repeated. Here it is the next day. Algae is gone but wound is still there where the algae was at. Coral opened up and looks better.

2h5sb68.jpg

Back
Top Bottom