Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Whenever you feed your fish just take some flakes in your hand and hold them under the water so they sink around the rock that the star fish is at. He will reach his arms out and grab the small pieces

Old 04-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Most of the brittle stars are ok. The ones to watch out for are the green ones. Sometimes called serpent stars. They will eat your entire CUC. People say that they will even eat fish but I haven't seen it for myself. I doubt that they could catch a healthy fish.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemedic1081 View Post
Most of the brittle stars are ok. The ones to watch out for are the green ones. Sometimes called serpent stars. They will eat your entire CUC. People say that they will even eat fish but I haven't seen it for myself. I doubt that they could catch a healthy fish.
What type of serpent stars are you talking about? I've had a tiger serpent star in my tank for over a year. I can't account for any missing CUC, let alone a fish. I know there are certain serpent stars that are "hairy" that I think are venemous, not sure if those are the ones, just curious.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I also have a serpent star and so far I havent noticed any missing cuc either. Although I do have alot so who knows lol
Old 04-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Mine was a green serpent star. I think that they are like every other marine creature. Sometimes you can have a peacful specimen from a normally agressive species. And just the opposite is true as well. I have a Yellowtail Damsel that is the most timid fish in my tank. My Condy hasn't bothered anything either. I hate it when people on here immediately jump to "oh my, get rid of that. Take it back". I would say that if you have one and it's not causing a problem, great. Enjoy it. If it becomes a problem, move it.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It is the green serpent starfish to b honest I think it's me not puting enough food in my tank for him other then that he's got an exspensive palet lol I'm going to target feed him for a bit an see if that helps
Old 04-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

The starfish is doing what it did out in the wild eat snails and crabs. You might be able to train it to eat other food but in the end it is programed to snails and crabs.

Tags
star

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com