Pest ID plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrvincent

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have find a kind of larva in my aquarium, I took it in picture before killing it.

What's this ?

620236isthatnudibranch.jpg

It looks like a nudibranch, definitely a problem when around coral, keep an eye out for more of them.

Sent from my C6606 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's the second I found on the glass. They are zoanthids eaters ?

My tank is a zoa dominated tank :(

Since I introduced the infected rock, my zoas colonies does not more look like colony, but more like "single polyps"... Don't know how to explain... The creep is less like a creep... How to get rid of them ? I have few LPS, mush and a lot of zoanthids.

Can I remove them with my finger, or I should keep removing them with pincettes ? Anyways, they are ugly.

I've seen people suck them up with a turkey baster to get rid of them. Maybe see if anything eats them... Everything has some form of predation

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Suck them out I'd think. Maybe someone knows of a crab that eats them. Nudibranchs are not exactly fast creatures, so collecting them in a turkey baster might work for you

Okk, but I only saw two in the last two weeks... I removed them with long pincettes...

I don't like crabe, as most of them aren't reef safe and they hide quite good when it's the time to sell/give them...

may a Iodine dip + RODI dip of all zoas rocks help ?

That is actually a great idea, that should get rid of any left I would think. Best of luck with them, hope it works out for you

Back
Top Bottom