Petco coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swicicki

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at petco this weekend getting some chichlids for my pond and they had a tank full of coral.

For $23 I got a nice 3 head Duncan with 4 baby heads.

I don't know if it was mislabeled or something but it seemed like a sweet deal I could not pass upImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403570393.559979.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403570418.559589.jpg

it's an okay deal. i found that Petco's coral is usually over priced. so 25 for 3 heads is an OKay deal. i usually find them for $15

That's not bad. I paid $15 for three heads with three babies, but that was from a guy who sells out of his garage (incredible garage setup though) usually for about half retail.

My Petco usually has terrible liking Nems and that's about it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's not bad. I paid $15 for three heads with three babies, but that was from a guy who sells out of his garage (incredible garage setup though) usually for about half retail.

My Petco usually has terrible liking Nems and that's about it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The garage hobbyists are always the best IMO. Better prices, and a lot of times better quality.

My petco is the same, just some bad nems..

if you feel like it was a good deal, then who am i to judge the purchase as long as you're happy with it. depending on your location, corals can get really cheap/expense. i happen to live in an area where corals are relatively cheap. heck, i can get the ultra maxima clam for $25-$50 depending on the size.

also, my avatar is a bleeding apple scolymia. i got it for $75. it usually run $120-150 if not more.

I gave up with petco for live stock and coral a long time ago
nothing usually lasts a week , all their tanks always look nasty and dirty with a milky gray ting in the water,
the only things I do buy at petco is the frozen food since they are the cheapest in town
along with dog biscuit's

I would not expect to goto petco for SW livestock. I happened to be there and they had a shallow "breeder" tank full of corals. 25 sad looking acropora and gonaporas

But also a bunch of nice looking zoas toadstools and Duncans

All the coral was sitting on the sand being buried by a large goby

Back
Top Bottom