PETG Copolyester Acrylic - Aquarium safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigreddastud

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone heard of PETG Copolyester ? Apparently it's a type of acrylic and I need to know if it's aquarium safe.

I want to build a tray into the bottom of my stand so that any spills/leaks at least are contained in the tray and don't leak onto the carpet. It would be a 2 or 3 inches deep and cover the entire floorspace with in the stand.

I need to know if it's aquarium safe.
I want to build a tray into the bottom of my stand so that any spills/leaks at least are contained in the tray and don't leak onto the carpet.

For this purpose...why does it have to be aquarium safe? If it's food grade or can be used for potable water it's safe for the aquarium.

For this purpose...why does it have to be aquarium safe? If it's food grade or can be used for potable water it's safe for the aquarium.
I guess what I really mean is "water safe".

I've had other cheap plexiglass that warps when in moist conditions for an extended time. I don't want to have to tear out all my equipment and replace the tray if it warps because of water.

Ah, well that makes sense, I don't know, never heard of the stuff. I really can't see any acrylic or plexiglass warping because of water so much as because of the weight, use a thick enough piece and I doubt you'll have any problems, you could also add a thin Euro bracing across the top to keep it frm warping/bowing.

Back
Top Bottom