PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My other problem is that my encrusting goni (correct me if I'm wrong) will not extend it's polyps.... Do any of you know what may be the problem? All my other corals are doing great.

Sent from my HTC One X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1403359115517.jpg
    1403359115517.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 64
when I had my goniopora some days it would be all extended out and some days it would barely be extended. I'm not sure why it did that but I had it for 1.2 years and it always did that.

when I had my goniopora some days it would be all extended out and some days it would barely be extended. I'm not sure why it did that but I had it for 1.2 years and it always did that.

Is there a way to feed it and entice it to come out some more? I just got it and it had some green hair algae on it but my clean up crew quickly cleaned it up. I thought it stayed closed cause they were on it cleaning the dead patch in the middle. They don't touch it now so I'm at a lost with this thing.

goniopora likes strong light and med current , some are long tentacle and some are short tentacle , the short tentacle only extend to about 1/2 inch long , the long tentacle can open from 4inch all the way up to about 10 inch , with both it all depends on the lighting to how far they will extend

goniopora likes strong light and med current , some are long tentacle and some are short tentacle , the short tentacle only extend to about 1/2 inch long , the long tentacle can open from 4inch all the way up to about 10 inch , with both it all depends on the lighting to how far they will extend

I have the long tentacle variety. I'll have to increase my flow towards it to get it moving around as well as increase my lighting intensity. Thanks! I'll try it.

Is there a way to feed it and entice it to come out some more? I just got it and it had some green hair algae on it but my clean up crew quickly cleaned it up. I thought it stayed closed cause they were on it cleaning the dead patch in the middle. They don't touch it now so I'm at a lost with this thing.

I never target fed mine if I fed my fish mysis and some landed on a polyp it would take it in but other than that I just let it be.

Ok thanks for the info. And yea I didn't want to start a new thread...I just figured I'd ask you all and see what came of it. Thanks for the article.

Off topic a bit, but they have been notoriously hard to keep over a year. But this article was published that sheds a better light on their needs.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-10/nftt/index.php

After reading the article I think I'm going to target feed it with Cyclops. Since I use them already to feed my picky tail spot blenny.

Back
Top Bottom