Ph!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joester2k3

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is up n running and everything is going well. However i cant read the ph test to well (i have a new kit on the way) but i need to get the LR in my tank to get the bacteria goin for me. Im pretty sure its 8.0 but cant be 100% I use spring water from my spring which i know is highly acidic so im thinking the salt mix might not have it high enough or my test just isnt working correctly. (The spring water works great in my Freshwater tanks I use bakeing soda to make my ph neuteral) so if my ph isnt 8.0 would it be okay to add some baking soda to make it 8.0 - 8.2 like it should be????? or is there an additive i can get somewhere to make it better???

Thanks

No need to even worry about PH until after cycle is complete and your tank starts to stabilize. It will very likely be fine once your tank is up.

Nope, unless is is extremely low, I wouldn't stress about it during the cycle too much. Will be OK until you get your new test kit.
Now i preperation of adding stock, you will want to get it correct. Mostly through water changes and good CO2 exchange at the waters surface.

Alright sweet I know for sure its over 7.5 sooo we will wait it out Awesome advice guys I love this place :) someday ill be able to help too hehehe

Back
Top Bottom