Ph at 7.3 is that possible???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
4th day into cycling my ph only have 7.3 is that normal? Ammonia is spiking right now and no nitrate as yet.

weekf said:
4th day into cycling my ph only have 7.3 is that normal? Ammonia is spiking right now and no nitrate as yet.
You should be ok. It should change a lot, just like your other parameters.

Sure!
I meant to add this little bit. Ph will change from lights on/off. What kind of top do you have? Keep in mind, glass tops or close fitting lids can limit gas exchange.

No top/lid at all. Open top you can see my gallery. Thanks for the help.

WOW, looks like a really nice set up! You have plenty of phs and surface ripple looks great! Awesome pics too!

Yeah I like the ripple shadow effect on the sand bed that's why I use metal halide. It is going to be a FOWLR tank no coral of any kind. I plan to keep at least 5 tangs that's why need lots of swimming room.

132g. Well not sure yet but Naso, Pacific Blue and Yellow tangs are definitely on my list. That means at least 3 tangs. 9 chromis and 9 anthias and a ocellaris clown.

I'd give up a few chromis for a pair of clowns and some gobies or blennies. You're gonna want something that hangs out on the sand bed and maybe perches on rocks. All those you mentioned are gonna be swimming out front. Variety is gonna be more pleasing to you IMO.

I'm doing a naso, purple, and bristletooth in my 155g. All from different lines of tangs so no one's similar body shape causes friction.

I'd think you should stop at the three if that much. Go for 3 or 4 chromis IMO. Anthias need feeding more often, so do some research on those too before you decide. Ideally, I like to be where I don't have to feed but every other day for the most part.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice austin. I was thinking 3 tangs for the time being. I am dropping the anthias and yes I know they need to be fed few times a day. I also prefer to do feeding every other day.

Back
Top Bottom