Ph Crashing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What would cause your PH to drop line the titanic rapidly
I tested the water after a 10% water change last sunday, normally it is 8.1-8.2 and tested today before the water change today to find it at 7.2. I noticed one of my corals looking a bit poor yesterday but didnt think much of it as the light schedule got screwed up yesterday, anyway I did a water change and bumped up the ph a little and I'll do a little more tomorow.

po4 0
alk, good
ca 420
no3 0
no2 0
am 0

How much surface agitation do you have? Poor gas exchange can cause the PH to drop, but that is a drastic difference.
Sure its not the test kit?

I tested with 2 different testers and came up with the same thing. I know i need to update my flow rate and the surface has very little movement to it. I just cant figure out the best way to do it without adding the unsightly ph inside the tank. I cant seem to get any info on how to do it. I thought about going with a larger pump to move more water and split the output lines in the tank with a Y giving me 4 directions of flow but I dont want to do it only to find out it's still not working. Any ideas???

I just cant figure out the best way to do it without adding the unsightly ph inside the tank.
Really you need to add a couple. Point at least one or 2 towards the surface, it would help a bunch.
I thought about going with a larger pump to move more water and split the output lines in the tank with a Y giving me 4 directions of flow but I dont want to do it only to find out it's still not working. Any ideas???
Check out a SCWD, its what I use and does a great job.

Ok you talked me into it. I'm going to add a couple ph's. Whats the best kind to go with?
What is a scwd ???
I have great flow in the middle of my tank, the only lacking parts are on the back corners and surface.

Back
Top Bottom