Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
pH Cycle?

One of the neat things about having a controller is it's ability to continually monitor level's of your choosing in the system. It also allows you to "Graph" the results to see the cycle of when your ATO is topping off, temperature fluctuations and my question of the day, the cycle of pH.

I've noticed that my pH, according to the monitor reaches a peak around 10pm and it's low point at around 10am. It can be plus or minus a half hour, but graph is a consistent zig, zag between the two times.

Why? I've searched the forum, and maybe I'm missing it, but I haven't found a clear explanation. My main lights don't kick on until around 10am, so that's my guess, but I'd be interested to know any information.

MKFMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
From my knowledge, pH fluctuates naturally through the day.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Correct, the pH drops throughout the night and then rises throughout the day.
TLTGF is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com