ph is off the charts-!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RTV

Aquarium Advice Regular
how do I bring down my ph levels- did a test and it was above 8.4- did a pwc- not much better after that....any suggestions?

8.4 is really not too bad. While a bit on the high side most animals can tolerate abnormal levels of Ph as oppossed to a repid change in Ph. Keep going on the water changes and let the natual buffer on the salt mix do the job. You can also try another test kit for verification. Also, the time of day you test will make a difference. I suggest testing in the morning before the lights come on and again at night right before you shut the lights off. You will likely see a difference with the photoperiod.

Thanks.... I'll Keep up the wter changes and check in the mornings.

I agree with lando. Whenever I have PH issues I always do a PWC and let that buffer the water. My tank stays at 8.3 - 8.4 anyway

water seems clearer after the pwc- ph still high. how long will it take to get beyond the diatome algea stuff---i'm cleaning glass 2-3 times a day---fighting the algea- puchased cleaning crew of snails today..hope that helps some.

I`ve had my tank eight years and I`m still cleaning the glass. That stays around forever.

I`ve had my tank eight years and I`m still cleaning the glass. That stays around forever.
I clean mine 3 times a week. It never really goes away. The diatom problem will eventually go away as long as you maintain good water parameters and don't over feed the tank.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom