PH on or off during feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arminkropp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright I've been around for a while but I've never asked the simplest of questions :oops: .....when you feed should the PH be on or off? I've always had mine on along with my skimmer and filter. should I turn one or more of these off?

Thanx

Doesn't really matter. If you feed pellets it probably should remain on, for flakes you could turn it off. I keep it on regardless.

Unless you have a fish that's not getting any food because he's shy, or if you're spot feeding corals or other filter feeders, feel free to kill the current for 5 mins.
Otherwise it shouldn't be necessary.

I hand feed all my corals and shrimp(so they don't steal my coral's food) and let the fish fight it out in the current

I leave it on when I'm feeding the fish (so that the food spreads out better) but when I'm target feeding corals I turn it off and leave it off for about 10 m. If you're putting cyclopeze or liquid life in the water you'll want the PH and the skimmer off for a while afterwards.

Jason said:
I hand feed all my corals and shrimp(so they don't steal my coral's food) and let the fish fight it out in the current

And I feed my fish twice a day so I don't have to feed my corals, anemones, clams, shrimp, and serpents. They either get enough from what I feed the fish or they get enough "plankton" from decayed food and fish defecation in the water column.

Back
Top Bottom