ph probe and temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilismom1

Aquarium Advice Activist
could someone explain to me the correction that needs to be made for temp when using a probe for ph? my current reading on my brand new calibrated probe is 8.65 at 81f. what is my actual reading?

hmmm, my guess woul be 8.65, if it was calibrated correctly and the batteries don't need replacing. Most all units are ATC.

I would have to agree, what unit did you purchase? I just got a pinpoint pH monitor and the temp does not affect the pH readings.

I'll 3rd this. I have one and it does fine as long as the battery doesn't get low. Once the battery gets low I start getting some funky readings.

that's the one i have. i bought a whole new unit because my old one was giving me some funky readings 4 months after purchasing probe #2. what sparked the question was that the calibration fluid that came with the unit has a correction table on the back. not to mention that my ph is at 8.75 right now, and i'm not doing anything differently. i've always had to fight to keep it up with powerheads etc. i'm going to pull it out and make sure it's still calibrated correctly and test my ca and alk.

Back
Top Bottom