ph problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi all i have a new problem now.. my ph wont go up.. when doing a water change i mix my water with a power head for a few hours and test the ph and its where it should be 8.0 8.2 but as soon as i change the water over it drops to like 7.4 and this isnt good. iv used api ph up but it dont work. so anyone have any ideas how to get my ph up and keep it up.. incase it means anything my tank is 125 litres it has live sand and 16 17 kg rock in

Do you have surface agitation? Pointing your powerheads up can help stabilize the ph. :)

As a last resort I would dose, it's better to have a natural ph level that is consistent than dosing up every day or so, at least in my opinion.
:)

I agree try surface agitation first I used the buffer when my ph would not level out but on that note I did not have a power head yet installed

between doing water changes which helps to stabilize ph adn having your powerheads pointing at the waters surface you shoudnt really have any swings.

BUT I also had a similar issue and it was the air in my house. I used to run the air 24/7 which didnt allow any fresh air into the house. Since then I have been leaving windows open and getting house air circulation which has helped alot.

wow the air flow in the house can cause problems.. lol its ok for you in florida to leave windows open but i live in good old ik its bloody freezing here lol

Back
Top Bottom