phony rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juskeepswiming

Aquarium Advice Activist
does anyone know the website or any alternative man-made-rock for sale. I came across the website once and now I cant find it. They sold rocks that where not live and formed, sculpered or made by them and added to a system were over time it would become LR.

www.petswarehouse.com has live base rock for 3.99 a lb.. i have 15 lbs.a of it and its has purple and pink and green all over it. looks great.
but i live 30 mins. away from it so i went there and picked my own out.

it wasnt LR at all, it was meant to turn into LR over time in your fishtank and was sold for something like 2 dollars a pound. I can get fiji LR at the LFS for 4 dollars a lb.

GARF.org has some pretty cool recipes for Do-it-Yourself rock ideas. Pretty basic, affordable and effective..not to mention it's a method that doesn't destroy reefs(not saying all live rock suppliers do this). Good luck & HTH.

I got hirocks and it is almost entirely encrusted in purple corraline, it was white and added to the LR I already had....looked really funny with the other rock but it took a few weeks and stuff was growing all over it.

@juskeepswiming

the guy at reeplugs.com is cool, he is located in the San Diego aeria. He will build me some custom stuff to cover my overflow.

how long did it take for your rocks to be shipped and received from HIRocks? I purchased some on the 5th of june and no notice was sent and no product has been received to date :?

Yeah it will take a couple days. We waited I think 8 days, just give em a call and find out when they shipped it out. can't remember if I got an email or not. But I ordered the golfball sized rock and 60lb's of the good large rock...they came on seperate days. I was impressed with it once it got here though.

Back
Top Bottom