Phosban ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean your 150 reactor? If you want to run both in a reactor it will be less than optimal but it works. I see 2 issues: flow rates & regeneration. If imagine though that Purigen & GFO both need slow flow rates which might not be too bad. Purigen is easily renewed with bleach, with GFO in there you couldn't do that anymore.

If you mean running them separately, but at the same time, go for it. Start small with the GFO (1/2 recommended dose) and work up as you can shock any coral by dropping phosphates too quickly.

Yeah mixing two items in one reactor. I guess I'll remove the purigen and add something to remove these phosphates so I can get this hair algae GONE!!

I fun carbon and phosguard it works it works great it will get rid of ALL phosphates

Some people do run both, the problem is the require to different flow rates. GAC can't tumble because it breaks up to easy. GFO needs to tumble at a slight boil to work correctly and not clog. The other issue is if you have phosphates the GFO can be used up in a week and should be replaced atleast every 2 weeks if you are trying to lower phosphates. The carbon only needs to be replaced every 3 weeks. After 3 weeks bacteria can grow in the carbon and when you change it out it can shock the tank. So its really best to run them in different reactors for effeciency and expense.

Back
Top Bottom